The duty of BCP Network is to spread CELBET recommendations, perform and implement CELBET tasks and outcomes, evaluate of the BCPs performance, give feedback to the teams from the ground and act as a mediator to the senior management of the participating Member States.
During Steering Committee Meeting in April 2018 in Warsaw, Mr Philip Kermode, Director from DG TAXUD in his opening speech noted that BCP Network as a new CELBET product is a valuable excercise which should last long and working relations should be developed and continued. Networking is an important feature of connecting and sharing experience.
Depending on the location of CELBET Member States, three BCP Networks have been established:
- Nordic – Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania
- Central – Poland, Slovakia, Hungary
- Southern – Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece
What are BCP Network goals ?
- networking and sharing best practices;
- performing and implementation of best practices,
- evaluation of the BCPs performance
- acting as a mediator to the senior management
- approval of the overview of the activities based on the Action Plan
What do we want to achieve?
- common approach to customs control at the external land border
- harmonized application of EU customs legislation
- common performance indicators for Border Crossing Points