To explore possibilities and working methods in seaport BCP’s and getting information about future strategy for adding sea ports to the CELBET activities. Sea ports are planned to be area for future cooperation, that’s why on 4.05.2022, experts from Cooperation Team visited port border crossing point Sillamäe.
CELBET representatives provided information about the CELBET project and the opportunities it offers.
Margarita Šavrova, head of port Sillamäe BCP, introduced the work of the customs control point, the specifics of the port, the systems used and the cargo control process. The port manager introduced the history of the port, provided information about the port’s opportunities, types of cargo, cooperation partners, cooperation with customs.
The head of Customs Control Point – as a host, was very interested in joining to CELBET area, and in the benefits of cooperation (customs control, exchange of information between ports in other countries, cooperation with other agencies, trainings, promotion of the port).
During the visit, following issues have been discussed:
- information exchange process between customs, enterprises and other port authorities;
- cargo flow monitoring solutions
- risk management process of container cargoes;
- issuance of permits for entry and exit from the port area;
- possible automatization solutions;
- future development plans for cooperation between customs and port authorities,
- IT solutions and equipment,
- trainings for customs officers,
- cooperation with veterinary and phytosanitary service,
- ships suppliers
- customs mobile units in ports
- intertmodal sytyems of controls
- written agreements with other institutions
- yachts ( legislations, legal basis, any problems with smuggling, migrants, etc.)
The port of Sillamäe
The port of Sillamäe (Silport) is the second largest in Estonia and the fifth maritime trading port in the Baltic States, which plays an increasing role in Estonia and especially in the transportation system of North-East Estonia and international logistics. Sillamäe is the most eastern port of EU in the Baltic Sea.
A universal port capable of handling all types of cargo, including liquid, bulk, general cargo, container, Ro-Ro, as well as serving passengers
A waiting area for the trucks, going to cross the border in Narva on the basis of the provisional electronic queue has been created here.